Topic: [FOS 2011] 'The Scream'

Directory Link

'The Scream'

YouTube

A supernatural horror about Murder, Madness, and paintings.

WINNER OF 'BEST OVERALL' (Festival of Souls 2011)

(This video DOES contain strong violence - but 90% of it is off-screen)

Last edited by Max Butcher (December 3, 2011 (12:46pm))

YouTube
Max, She/They

Re: [FOS 2011] 'The Scream'

sorry for double post, it posted my first statement twice.

Last edited by legostothemax (October 9, 2011 (06:49am))

FOS ENTRY: Animation: 10% Done, Editing: 0% Done, Voice actors: 0%

There goes my chances of winning mini/tongue.

FOS ENTRY: Animation: 10% Done, Editing: 0% Done, Voice actors: 0%

I loved this you deserver to win I had doubts that a brickfilm could be scary but you proved me wrong. I love this so much I can right a Proper review. This is amazing you have just reached a film makers ultimate goal entertaining someone with something they will never forget. I Love This!!

I liked it a lot. The close-ups of the painting were brilliant, and that last scream got my heart to skip a beat. Nice job Max, loved it. Overall, there were a little technical issues, but still a solid horror film. mini/smile

4.5/5

Amazing entry. It was a good motivating SCARY film. WELL DONE!

mod edit: Ohai there Mod, you alright?
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=DWStorm
^^^^Check out my bricklink store ^^^^

The only thing that I really hated was that youtube would stop the movie right in the middle of the action, even though it was almost completely loaded. For the rest, it was great, now it makes me want to go and try to finish my entry on time (that would be quite difficult, though). And I really liked the story. One fact that I really liked, although it may not have been  your intention,

Spoiler (click to read)

was that the two minifigs at the beginning were almost identical, except for the torso. That lead me to think that he might be crazy and talking with himself, creating a fake identity to (somehow) forget what happened (the fact that you voiced both may have helped).

Great movie, I think that more than scare me it made me think about why would he do what I said in the spoiler. 5/5

Yeah, YouTube's been doing that a lot with me too.

And, yes, the identical figures/voices were intentional. I left it open to various interpretations (like the rest of the short), although I did have exactly what you said in mind at one point.

YouTube
Max, She/They

As far as a film goes with lego it's probably one of the closest things to horror I've seen. I still didn't jump but making something with horror must be quite hard, I think that you did a great job! I liked it, well done! 4/5

Quite freaky.  Even though the scream head was, a tad funny looking, you still did a good job of making me jump.  Technical flaws aside, I'd say you did a very good job and made a fairly scary film.

This a very refreshing change of pace from you, Max. It was creepy, scary, and serious. I'm not at all used to seeing this from you, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Great job on this! I can't wait to see how this'll place.

I'm not much of a horror person, but I absolutely loved this. sure, the animation could use a little work, but the whole screamer heads thing made me damn scared. I also liked the whole thing of the two people being almost identical and the end was heart-stopping. mini/wink

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

That was awesome.

MPfist0 wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

was that the two minifigs at the beginning were almost identical, except for the torso. That lead me to think that he might be crazy and talking with himself, creating a fake identity to (somehow) forget what happened (the fact that you voiced both may have helped).

Sounds like Thre3

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486028/

@MPfist0 -

Spoiler (click to read)

that's what I was thinking when I first saw that they had the same head piece.

That's got to be one of, if not the best horror brickfilm in existence. I loved it, there's nothing more to add to that.

I don't make Brickfilms. I trade virtual hats.

Great job... You're now one of my favorite brickfilmers.

-Story: 6/10
   -Cinematography: 8/10
   -Sound: 7/10
   -Voices: 6/10
   -Animation: 7/10
   -Effects: 6/10
   -Music: 6/10

→OVERALL: 7/10

Okay, this film was amazing, enough said.
My only criticism is that you didn't use this picture http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i279/urbanretro/urbanretro2/fine-art-lego-1.jpg
mini/tongue
JOB WELL DONE SIR that is one of the most intriguing brickfilms I have seen in a while!

This is short-listed for 'Best Horror' and 'Best Overall'. I am excite....

YouTube
Max, She/They